Brian Dennehy [1938 - ]

Richard Roundtree [1942 - ]

Chris Cooper [1951 - ]
Back to top Go down
Chain Lightning
Admin

PostSubject: Re: July 9 Birthday Wishes   Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:37 pm

Howdy Manco!!

Susan Cabot was an actress during the years 1947-1970. She first appeared in Kiss Of Death in 1947. Her career was mostly in B-westerns like Tomahawk, Battle At Apache Pass, Duel At Silver Creek, Fort Massacre etc. I just saw her in Machine Gun Kelly with Charles Bronson recently. She died at the young age of 59, at the hands of her own son.

Ed Ames was first and foremost a member of the 50's group, The Ames Brothers. During the 60's he took on the role of Mingo on the popular Fess Parker series, Daniel Boone. He had a hit record, titled, My Cup Runneth Over about the same time and appeared in 1965 on The Johnny Carson Show. to demonstrate his skill with a tomahawk. Carson brought out a wooden silhouette of a cowboy and with his first throw, Ames stuck the tomahawk squarely in the groin of the cowboy. Carson quipped" I didn't even know you were Jewish" and the audience cracked up. The clip became one of the famous Carson highlghts!!

Vince Edwards had appeared in a couple of small roles in films, which landed him the role, he will always be remembered for, as .Dr Ben Casey on the t.v. series that ran from 1961-1968. This was to compete with Richard Chamberlin in .Dr Kildare on another network. Edwards also appeared in The Devil's Brigade and in one of the worst westerns I've ever seen, titled The Scavengers.

The first time I saw Brian Dennehy was in Lion Of Africa and I knew then, he was going to be a very good actor. It was only later that I saw Silverado and realized just what a tremendous actor he had become. He later added First Blood, Cocoon and Cocoon, The Return, Gorky Park, The Warden Of Red Rock, Righteous Kill, The Last Of The Finest and many more to his impressive resume. He ranks with the very best in Hollywood!!

Although not primarily thought of , as a western actor, Richard Roundtree has starred in the 1986 sci-fi western, Outlaws. He has also appeared in the cop thriller Se7en with Brad Pitt and Morgan Woodward. Roundtree will always be best remembered for his character of John Shaft in the 1970's trilogy of films.

The first time I saw Chris Cooper, was in a little film that everyone should watch, titled Matewan!! He played the role of the union organizer in the coal mine country of West Virginia. I next saw him in Lonesome Dove as July Johnson and Return To Lonesome Dove. He next popped up in Lone Star with Kris Kristofferson. Although a very low key actor, Cooper is right at home in westerns. Hopfully, he will continue to seek out more westerns to display his unique talents!!

Ed

Last edited by Chain Lightning on Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:49 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
tomgoldrup
Admin

PostSubject: Re: July 9 Birthday Wishes   Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:49 pm

Chris Cooper is one of the good actors working these days and would fit well into westerns. What can I say about Brian Dennehy except that he is also one of the good actors working today. Not many around anymore that are working like those two.
Back to top Go down
Tinhorn

PostSubject: Re: July 9 Birthday Wishes   Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:56 pm

I always loved that clip of Ed Ames on Carson!

The first time I saw Brian Dennehy was in a late 1970's comedy called Foul Play, with Chevy Chase, Goldie Hawn, Dudley Moore, and Burgess Meredith. Chevy played a cop, and Dennehy was his partner. But later, he made a career playing the heavy. He's especially good as the corrupt sheriff Cobb in Silverado.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: July 9 Birthday Wishes   

Back to top Go down

July 9 Birthday Wishes
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1