Kris Kristofferson (1936-)

Graham Greene (1952-)

Bruce Campbell (1958-)
Back to top Go down
Chain Lightning
Admin

PostSubject: Re: June 22 Birthday Wishes   Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:53 pm

Howdy Tinhorn!!

Ralph Waite has been around since the mid 60's, when he first appeared in Cool Hand Luke with Paul Newman. Other western appearances include Lawman, The Magnificent Seven Ride, Kid Blue and Chato's Land. He currently has a recurring role on the t.v. series, N.C.I.S. He will best be remembered for his role of John Walton on the early 70's t.v. series, The Waltons with Will Geer, Ellen Corby and Michael Learned.

Only history will decide how Kris Kristofferson will be best remembered. This successful songwriter/singer/actor, who first gained attention with songs like Me And Bobby McGee, Help Me Make It Through The Night, Sunday Mornin Comin Down and others. His first western outing was a doozie. He snagged the role of Billy The Kid, in Sam Peckinpah's Pat Garrett And Billy The Kid. He followed that up with The Tracker, Heaven's Gate, The Last Days Of Frank And Jesse James. He teamed with Willie Nelson, Waylon Jennings, and Johnny Cash to form the country music group, The Highwaymen. He co-starred in 3-4 Blade/vampire killer films with Wesley Snipes and is still going. As for me, I will always remember a little film he did, back in 1984 ( I think), with Rip Torn, titled Flashpoint It's a good'un!!!!!!!

Graham Greene is a Canadian born actor, who first appeared in film in the 1979 movie, The Great Detective, but he became famous as the character Kicking Bird in Kevin Costner's, Dances With Wolves in 1990 for which he received an Oscar nomination. He has also appeared in Die Hard With A Vengeance, The Green Mile, Maverick, Thunderheart, Gunless and Into The West, along with a recurring role on the t.v. series, Northern Exposure.

Bruce Campbell is just about as offbeat an actor, as you could find to appear in a western. He first drew attention with his "comedy horror" films, like The Evil Dead and it's sequels, Evil Dead II and III, and Army Of Darkness films. He took on the role of the star in the t.v. western series, The Adventures Of Briscoe County .Jr. I don't have a very high opinion of Campbell, since I read an interview with him about the series. In the interview, he was asked who taught him how to handle a six gun and his reply was" some old guy named Arvo Ojala". This should give you some idea of just how much research Campbell did for the part and the series!!!!!!! At any rate he did another of his offbeat films in Bubba Ho-Tep, which was another laugher. The one bright spot in it, was the reappearance of long time western character actor, Larry Pennell as Kemosabe. He currently has a recurring role on the t.v. series, Burn Notice. I must say, I was never very high on the Briscoe County .Jr series!! Too much sci-fi junk thrown in.

Ed

Last edited by Chain Lightning on Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:59 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Tinhorn

PostSubject: Re: June 22 Birthday Wishes   Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:57 pm

Kris Kristofferson was a Rhodes Scholar at Oxford, graduate with a BPhil in English Literature, joined the Army, where he achieved the rank of Captain. He was a chopper pilot, and completed Ranger school, and served in the 8th Infantry Division in West Germany. He turned down an assignment to teach at West Point to pursue a music career and disowned by his family! Later, he worked as a janitor at Columbia Records, and as a commercial helicopter pilot, all while shopping songs in Nashville. in the late '60s and early '70s, his songs were being recorded by artist like Ray Price, Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings, Bobby Bare, Sammi Smith, and Janis Joplin.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: June 22 Birthday Wishes   

Back to top Go down

June 22 Birthday Wishes
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1