Monte Markham (1935-)

Ron Ely (1938-)

Mariette Hartley (1940-)
Back to top Go down
Chain Lightning
Admin

PostSubject: Re: June 21 Birthday Wishes   Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:55 pm

Howdy Tinhorn!!

Although not thought of primarily as a western actress, Jane Russell did appear in 4 or 5, starting with her screen debut in the 1941 Howard Hughes film, Outlaw. Flimed in 1941, but not released until 1943 because of delays, due to the censors having problems with the amount of Jane's voluptuous physique that was on display ( see 1940's photo above) She later appeared in Paleface, Son Of Paleface, The Tall Men, Johnny Reno and Waco. She was better known for Gentlemen Prefer Blondes and other flms of a non-western genre. I'm not going to say that she was a great or even good actress, but make no mistake!! Any man who told you that he went to see a Jane Russell film because of her acting talents, was/is a bald faced liar!!
Jane Russell was simply one of the most beautiful/sexy women to ever grace the silver screen!!!!!!!

Monte Markham is a character actor, who first appeared in the late 60's. He has appeared in a couple of western films like, Hour Of The Gun and Guns Of The Magnificent Seven, but it his is work in t.v., that he is better known for. He has guest starred on t.v. series from the 60's-90's, including The Virginian, High Chaparral, Alias Smith And Jones and many others, up through Baywatch in the 90's.

As far as I can determine, the only western films that Ron Ely has been involved in, was as a guest star on the t.v. series, Hawkeye and a supporting role in the film, The Fiend Who Walked The West!! He is better known as the star of the 60's t.v. series, Tarzan and a recurring role on the series, The Acquanauts.

Mariette Hartley's first appearance in film was Randolph Scott's last role in film. It was the Scott/McCrea western, Ride The High Country. She was in The Magnificent Seven Ride and co-starred in the Lee Van Cleef film, Barquero. She has made many t.v. appearances on such t.v. westerns as, Gunsmoke, Bonanza, The Virginian, Legend Of Jesse James and McCloud. Her career has spanned more than 40 years and is still going strong.

Ed

Last edited by Chain Lightning on Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:02 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Tinhorn

PostSubject: Re: June 21 Birthday Wishes   Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:25 pm

I remember seeing the pictures of Jane Russell in the haystack when I was a kid (remember, I grew up in the '70s), and thought "Wow!" Then I saw her on TV selling bras for plus sized women, and a couple time on some Bob Hope specials, and she was still pretty glamorous. But she was more than just a big bust, she was a very talented lady.

I had seen Monte Markham in some TV reruns, but I know him from some of the shows he narrated for the History Channel. He, and Fritz Weaver, narrated a lot of shows for them.

Mariette Hartley is a beautiful, talented actress, and she played the best groomed cavegirl ever in an episode of Star Trek! I especially enjoyed the Kodak commercials she did with James Garner. There was really good chemistry between them.

BTW, I had the hardest time trying to find a photo of Ron Ely from anything other than Tarzan!
Back to top Go down
Nightlinger

PostSubject: Re: June 21 Birthday Wishes   Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:07 pm

Ron Ely is featured in Night of the Grizzly. One of the problems in casting Clint Walker is finding adversaries who aren't dwarfed by him. Ely is six four.
Back to top Go down
Chain Lightning
Admin

PostSubject: Re: June 21 Birthday Wishes   Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:19 am

Howdy Pards!!

About the only thing I remember about Ron Ely, other than his Tarzan series, was a report that he was mauled at home by his pet tiger and it took several stitches to close the wounds!!
Sounds like he got a little carried away with his role of Tarzan!! Guess sumbuddy should have told him, that Tigers are carnivores and not actors!!

Ed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: June 21 Birthday Wishes   

Back to top Go down

June 21 Birthday Wishes
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1